The future of business requires simplicity
Businesses can focus on simplicity by reshaping how they interact and make decisions. By leveraging a digital business platform, the following capabilities will be enabled:
- Innovate for the future: Focus on driving new business models and revenue streams instead of keeping the lights on and maintaining the “status quo.”
How can we master this?
You need a partner that can power your entire value chain and turn complexity into simplicity. By leveraging a modern, in-memory, digital business platform, the value chain will truly be digitized. This means that processes are redesigned by interconnecting the back office and front office, connecting with internal and external networks, and taking advantage of the Internet of Things.
Today’s reality: Value chains supported by yesterday’s systems, disconnected processes, and siloed information
Businesses today struggle with too much complexity inhibiting them from addressing vital business requirements – meeting stakeholder expectations in real time. Current processes have been intrinsically designed inefficiently as the available technologies have forced organizations to use outdated capabilities such as batch jobs and multiple data sources. Systems are built to support yesterday’s business and not what the future requires.
Siloed information makes decision compounds the delays when decisions need to be made across end-to-end processes spanning multiple business areas. Ultimately, even the processes themselves are not integrated, leading to even more delays. The transition to the digital economy, the Internet of Things, social media, and other external, structured and unstructured data flows adds to the complexities that must be addressed across the entire value chain before running simple can become a reality.
Time for a new mandate: Run Simple
Business and IT simplicity at the core of the digital value chain
Running simple requires a fully optimized end-to-end digital value chain. Outlined below are key attributes required to address this new reality:
With the digital value chain enabled by the digital business platform, opportunities are available to drive value and optimize your customers’ experience. This platform provides the foundation required to support real-time decisions across all areas that are part of a digital value chain so that businesses can focus on strategic priorities versus spending their time keeping the lights on.
- Run your business in real time: Enable real-time decisions and processes from information anywhere, anytime, on any device, at any level of granularity.
- Simplified, connected, and open architecture: Integrate enterprise processes around a simplified core data model with best practice, prebuilt innovations as well as the ability to include customer innovation and partner solutions.
- Empower your users: Provide users with a simple and intuitive way to create value through the digital value chain.
- Connected processes: Interconnected customers, resources, people, and suppliers to make immediate business impact from planning to execution.
- Real-time insights: Analyze information immediately across internal and external channels (e.g., network, IoT, social) to drive business insights without the need for aggregates.
- Modern technology platform: A digital platform that supports business today and in the future and also provides stakeholders with the ability to interact with each other with ease
Looking forward to your feedback and stay tuned for more. Meanwhile, follow me via @SDenecken.
For more on how to run simple, see Business Simplification [Infographic].