As Small Business Saturday (November 26th) quickly approaches here in the U.S., there are many businesses gearing up for the holiday season, here and abroad. Small business owners will have a lot on their plate besides turkey since they’re responsible for sales, marketing, production work, payroll, and overall operations. Because it’s important for owners to spend time with customers, they don’t get the chance to sit at their desk for a long period of time. This makes it even more difficult for them to find the time to sift through hundreds of spreadsheets every day.
Data-driven business decisions become imperative. A recent study in the UK found that two-thirds of small businesses are using technology to run their business. And a majority of that technology is in the cloud. The data visualization market has opened the doors to affordable options for the on-the-go small business owner. Data visualization now helps companies display any information needed, right from a mobile device.
Here are 10 ways that small business owners can use mobile data visualization tools to save time and fuel better business results.
- Capture a greater market share. Easily and quickly see your business’ performance against your biggest competitors like business size, amount of stores, and online presence.
- Keep a pulse on sales performance. Visualize quarterly reports, weekly sales amounts, and returns right from your mobile device.
- Track price histories. Fuel better inventory decisions with fast insights into past price reports.
- Predict supply and demand. See trends in supply and demand from wherever you are. You can easily make the best decisions for inventory, pricing, and what’s expected a few months down the road.
- Effectively manage supply chain. Dive deep into insights, patterns of customer preferences, and the overall logistics of your business.
- Better understand customer habits. Who are your most loyal customers and what are their buying trends? Visualize the best sales and customer volume to reward loyalty, and replicate behaviors across a larger group of customers.
- Simplify inventory. Taking inventory is no longer a daunting task when you can visualize how much ordering must be done and what products bring in the most revenue.
- Spend less time pulling and accessing reports. You’re responsible for all of operations—and have little time to do it all. When you’re not spending hours sorting data, you have time to tend to other aspects without losing the in sights you need.
- Coach employees to greater success. Generate fast labor reports to present to your sales staff to help them down the road to productive, efficient work habits.
- Measure marketing campaign effectiveness. Your marketing efforts are expensive and you need to know what’s working to increase sales. Quickly visualize metrics before and after campaign implementation.
One final advantage of mobile data visualization tools is that you get these business-driving features on a secure, mobile-first application. You choose when and how often you need your data, so it’s no longer about sitting at your desktop computer to generate reports. You no longer need to compromise on collaboration or security when you’re sending the most critical business data to your employees or partners.
For more information, read the rest of our blogs in the mobile analytics solutions series.