Building on the Blockchain Framework
Some experts say these seemingly far-future speculations about the possibilities of combining technologies using blockchain are actually both inevitable and imminent:
The City of the Future
Imagine that every agency, building, office, residence, and piece of infrastructure has an entry on a blockchain used as a city’s digital ledger. This “digital twin” could transform the delivery of city services.
- Property owners could easily monetize assets by renting rooms, selling solar power back to the grid, and more.
- Utilities could use customer data and AIs to make energy-saving recommendations, and smart contracts to automatically adjust power usage for greater efficiency.
- Embedded sensors could sense problems (like a water main break) and alert an AI to send a technician with the right parts, tools, and training.
- Autonomous vehicles could route themselves to open parking spaces or charging stations, and pay for services safely and automatically.
- Cities could improve traffic monitoring and routing, saving commuters’ time and fuel while increasing productivity.
Every interaction would be transparent and verifiable, providing more data to analyze for future improvements.
Welcome to the Next Industrial Revolution
When exponential technologies intersect and combine, transformation happens on a massive scale. It’s time to start thinking through outcomes in a disciplined, proactive way to prepare for a future we’re only just beginning to imagine.
Download the executive brief Running Future Cities on Blockchain.
Read the full article Pulling Cities Into The Future With Blockchain