Is your organization one of the multiple companies undergoing significant digital changes? If so, you’re not alone these days. Digital transformation is happening in many industries, and it involves widespread change across many facets of an organization, including people and processes as well as technology.
With so much transformation happening, it’s difficult to know what areas of change are most important to your company’s success. Business leaders have many questions, such as:
- How can you still drive returns from prior technology investments while adopting new technology?
- How can you integrate traditional systems rapidly and securely into an expanding digital ecosystem?
- How can you leverage technology to meet customer demands for instant personalized experiences?
- Finally, where should you start?
Business leaders need to step back and look beyond the immediate complexities and focus on the longer-term goals that digital technology will provide, like becoming faster, more agile, more responsive, and more proactive.
One thing at the core of digital business
According to a recent report by Accenture, there is one factor at the core of successful digital businesses: ERP, or enterprise resource planning.
ERP is categorized as a suite of business-management software used to collect, store, manage, and interpret data from many business activities.
Accenture’s report, How high-velocity enterprises are changing the game, suggests that companies must reinvent the role of their existing ERP system in order to become a high-velocity enterprise. To do this, companies should:
- Build on the existing ERP system’s strengths as a central business engine and information source.
- Repurpose it as the backbone of the digital enterprise with a flexible, modular enterprise system.
- Leverage digital technologies like cloud computing, analytics, and in-memory computing.
By moving to this new role for ERP, organizations can lay the foundation for becoming a high-velocity enterprise.
Discover the latest developments to help you become a high-velocity enterprise.
To learn more about the importance of business agility in the digital era, download the SAP eBook, The Digital Economy: Reinventing the Business World.
For an in-depth look at the many factors driving digital disruption, download the SAP eBook, Digital Disruption: How Digital Technology is Transforming Our World.
Find out more about how high-velocity enterprises are changing the game.