Businesses, large and small, are realizing the benefits of social media marketing and its increasing importance to attract new customers. In fact, 68% of consumers refer to companies on social networking sites before buying. Here are the top five reasons why you should be active on social media.
- Boost website traffic. Having a presence on social media is one of the best methods for driving traffic to your Web site − 30% of all Web site visits come from social media. Thus, the more people who engage with your social content, the more people who will go to your Web site where they can learn about your company and start conducting business with you.
- Improve search engine rankings. Social media can have a significant impact on your search results since search engines often calculate rankings using social media presence as a significant factor. As such, being active on social media acts as a “brand signal” to search engines that your brand is legitimate, credible, and trustworthy.
- Increases sales. An integral part of the sales process is getting to know your prospects and establishing relationships — and it turns out that social media can help you accomplish this rather easily. In addition, having a social media presence allows prospects to “get to know” your brand, giving you more chances to gain their business.
- Grow conversion rates. Studies have shown that 92% of consumers trust recommendations from people they do not know over branded content. Thus, a higher number of social media followers tends to improve trust and credibility in your brand, which translates to improved conversion rates on your existing traffic.
- Decrease marketing expenses. Almost 80% of digital marketing budgets are spent on attracting new customers – known as “awareness”. Online awareness comes from being found on search engines, paid advertisements, and social media, which are just a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing methods like television, radio, and print.
Social media marketing, when done right, can lead to more traffic, more customers, and more conversions.