You want to turn your website into a lead generation engine. But you also know that 60 to 70% of all consumers have already made their decision before they contact a supplier. How do you ensure that they decide on you?
The good news is there’s a lot you can do, and a great place to start is your website. Why your website? Highly informed consumers conduct the majority of their research online. A hyper-tuned website ensures that you are relevant to them, and that helps you become top-of-mind in their selection.
According to a PDA Group digital presence check survey, the greatest potential areas for vendor improvement are lead generation and content marketing. Digital is not an option; it’s an imperative for IT solution providers. An on-target and present digital presence must exist to generate leads.
Here are five takeaways that we can all apply to our digital agendas to improve online lead conversion in 2016:
- Is your value proposition clearly identified on your website? What is it that you do better that your competition? In an online marketplace, your competitor is only a click away… and your value proposition must be front and center of your website. A staggering 57% of IT solution providers do not communicate their value proposition correctly on their website.
- Can anyone vouch for you? Do you have customer testimonials you can show? When visitors locate your site, they want to know that you have done this before. Customer testimonials are an excellent way to show that you’ve been successful and that others will advocate on your behalf. This is a key activity, yet 69% of all websites do not provide customer testimonials and success stories.
- Who are you targeting? Is your content relevant for them? It is important to identify who your customer is and to also understand what they are looking for. Create relevant content that aims to determine how you will solve your customers’ problems. This content should leave them wanting to continue that conversation with you offline. More than two-thirds (69%) of the evaluated websites of IT solution providers did not have content that was relevant and truly useful to their audiences.
- Are there calls-to-action that are clearly identified for your customer? Once your customer has found your website and located content that is relevant to them, you need to encourage them to take the next step. This could be in the form of a downloadable eBook or whitepaper that could require a lead-generating form. The vast majority of IT solution providers (84%) do not use CTAs to induce visitors to take the next step in the buying process with you.
- Do you know if your site is generating interest? Are you managing site and marketing analytics? Measurement is the most important element of any strategy that aims to provide insight into how you are performing. Web analytics is a powerful tool to provide information on your customer traffic and what your customers are clicking on, and it should ultimately provide a decision-making platform for your marketing strategy. The study revealed that the majority of the IT solution providers (81%) have already taken the step of integrating an analytics software to their website.
Having a web presence is not sufficient to survive online. While it is key, it must be complemented by on-message content and success stories, and it must be relevant, measurable, and include a clear call to action. It takes only seconds for someone to leave a website that isn’t sticky.
Make sure your site keeps customers’ eyes glued to you, and you’ll turn your website into a lead generation engine!
Want more lead-tracking strategies that boost your bottom line? See How To Track Leads From Marketing To Sales.