Across industries and around the world, the cloud is upending the way modern companies conduct business. Forward-looking organizations see the cloud future as an opportunity – especially when it comes to crucial ERP considerations such as total cost of ownership, agility, and speed.
Moving to the public cloud brings enormous advantages when it comes to efficiency, scalability, and simplicity. It is important to recognize, though, that the transition requires commitment and the mindset to adapt to change. Companies will need to be comfortable with a certain amount of overhaul when it comes to some business processes and optimization. The investment in the migration, however, will reap long-lasting rewards that will leave businesses poised to capitalize on the vast opportunities of the digital era.
How do you choose the right solution?
There are three core factors to consider when evaluating whether a migration to a cloud ERP is the right choice for your organization. Companies that match the following criteria are ideal candidates to maximally benefit from public cloud adoption:
Company structure and culture:
- Your goal is to reduce total cost of ownership.
- Your business structure consists of several subsidiaries across functions.
- You have a need to integrate across SaaS systems.
- You’re in an industry that would benefit from standardization.
- Your industry is not highly regulated.
- Your industry does not require highly complex business practices.
Ability to “fit to standard”:
- Your business processes can be mapped to leading standards.
Easing the transition
If you think the public cloud is the right choice for you, it’s time to take the next step. The transition will require a significant change in mindset as well as possible restructuring. You should consider the need to:
- Define the business case, optimal solution, and deployment strategy
- Manage change across your organization
- Build custom solutions and integrate third-party solutions
- Map and reengineer as needed for “fit to standard” leading processes
- Architect the ideal landscape to enable your cloud strategy
- Make sure you are data-prepared
Find out more
Wherever you are in your journey to the cloud, PwC has the depth and breadth of experience and global resources to help you create a lasting competitive advantage with cloud solutions. In fact, PwC is proud to have been honored with an SAP Pinnacle Award for 2019 Partner of the Year for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Is your organization ready to operate SAP S/4HANA Cloud? What are the considerations for business and enterprise IT to ensure a successful transition? Join our session on September 11th to get ready for SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
This article originally appeared on PwC.com. This adapted version is republished by permission. PwC is an SAP global partner.