Cloud ERP is now a popular choice for companies looking to streamline business processes. It delivers results and beats legacy rivals for flexibility and speed.
Organizations find they can pivot quickly towards changing customer needs when they make decisions based on their own data – now easily accessible in the cloud. When coupled with built-in real-time analytics, this data becomes supercharged and more useful than ever before.
Legacy ERP delivered consistency – but now we want flexibility.
None of this was possible with on-premise legacy ERP. Most systems have become heavily customized over the years to the point where they are rather inflexible. This kind of system no longer delivers in today’s agile market, and yet many companies persist with legacy systems that are holding them back.
In our experience, it is the digital advantage that is allowing companies to scale and grow.
Here are seven more reasons why cloud ERP delivers results.
- The quarterly updates offered for born-in-the-cloud products are proving to be a game changer; legacy systems can’t keep up to date in the same way. For cloud users, upgrades offering new features and enhanced user experience are the new normal.
- Built-in analytics gives business owners access to their own data, presented to them in formats they can use, in real time. Plus, in many cases, there is now the option to upgrade to predictive analytics, which can fuel entirely new business models and support better performance.
- Cloud ERP providers are keen to acquire and create new add-ons and integrations, including the above-mentioned beefed-up analytics, which deliver even more sophisticated real-time reporting. Plus, providers encourage their partners to use their own development expertise to create apps on a case-by-case basis that are then available to everyone through an app store.
- The intelligent cloud is future-proof and future-ready – ready to embrace all that is on offer from exciting developments like machine learning to blockchain and the Internet of Things.
- The subscription model for software as a service (SaaS) makes it more cost-effective – turning ERP from a capital cost into a monthly charge. Costs are usually calculated on a base package, user types, and the number of users. You can add more users as you grow, making it the ultimate scalable solution.
- Cloud means improved security. Whether we’re talking about geographically dispersed data centers with bulletproof walls and biometrics, or users with logons that give them access only to the areas they need – security is getting more robust, not less so with the cloud.
- Cloud ERP helps you grow. By automating your more repetitive tasks, ERP streamlines your business processes so that employees can ultimately focus on work of a higher value.
To remain competitive, ERP is the way to go for companies today. The commercial landscape is becoming more alive to the possibilities of automation while also becoming more data-centric – requiring organizations to have solutions to manage and analyze information.
Cloud-based ERP puts data into the hands of decision-makers fast by capturing a snapshot in real time. It also provides a tool to look into the future from which to create new business models and ideas.
For more information about cloud-based ERP, please visit “In Cloud Computing.”