For Global 1000 enterprises, the wave of the future is in capabilities that blend technology-enabled insights with a sophisticated understanding of human judgment, reasoning, and choice with a key objective of continuously improving business performance.
From a technology perspective, the intelligent enterprise also converges several critical initiatives around the cloud, enterprise mobility, Internet of Things, and Big Data into an actionable, platform-focused solution.
Making the intelligent enterprise a reality
Employees in large organizations know that communication workflow rules are powerful tools when it comes to staying organized and efficient. Without these directives in place, there would be an incredible loss of productivity and cohesiveness among teams and the company as a whole.
In the day and age of digital, connection is crucial to success – people talking to machines, machines talking to people, machines talking to machines. Communication matters. By simplifying and optimizing connectivity, everyone involved in the customer journey has a better experience – consumers and employees.
To make the intelligent enterprise real, solutions should be cloud first, mobile first, and leverage Big Data and artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities extensively.
As a product owner for a communication API service, I asked myself the question, “Can communication APIs and services provide a basis for the insights that can enable an intelligent enterprise?”
I believe so. Here’s why:
- Enterprise users and consumers have different preferences of time and means of engagement. This should be embraced.
- Enhanced customer experience is driven by two-way interaction across communication channels.
- Modern communication capabilities are sophisticated enough to capture detailed end-user engagement metrics as well as a “bread-crumb” trail.
- AI tools and learning algorithms are allowing enterprises to use social messenger chat and communication data to gain insight into end-user sentiments.
An approach to enabling an intelligent enterprise is thus based on some simple governing thoughts:
- Registration service that captures and manages end-user communication preferences
- Decision engine that enables business efficiencies by providing escalated communication rules by use case
- Historical insight based on end-user preference and actual notification delivery
- Engagement contextualization using heuristic data
Learn more about how to power an intelligent enterprise here.
This article originally appeared on The Future of Customer Engagement and Commerce and is republished by permission.