What is the role of data and analytics in fueling digital transformation? Well, digital transformation calls for new ways of thinking about data and how it’s used. It necessitates breaking data silos and process barriers that prevent business users and IT from working together.
And it requires significant user adoption and use of analytics in an agile, collaborative environment in which business users and IT work to drive timely access to accurate and trusted information.
To reach that end, organizations must dramatically increase the penetration of analytics and empower more business users to make better, fact-based decisions. The smarter, more timely decisions you can make, the stronger your business will grow.
Research by Oxford Economics from 2016¹ seems to bear this thinking out. They surveyed more than 2,050 executives and 2,050 non-executive employees in 21 countries and across multiple industries. The research shows how data-driven decisions are at the forefront for digital leaders.
- 78% of decisions are data-driven
- 62% of decisions are made in real time
- 62% of decisions are distributed across the organization
The bottom line is: Users need the ability to quickly access, analyze, and share insight across the entire organization. The problem? Complex environments where analytics are scattered around multiple applications and platforms inhibit business-user adoption and prevent users from easily locating and accessing the insight they need when they need it.
- So what analytics do business users need?
- Where can they find them?
- Which analytics can they trust?
- And how does IT easily provide business users with the right analytics?
What’s needed is a way to address the challenge of limited analytics adoption, proliferation of multiple analytic solutions, and stale data extractions from ungoverned data silos. Business users need support for decision making with the right analytics available to them at the right time, with a solution that:
- Delivers a single access point for governed analytics, regardless of whether the analytics assets are located on premise or in the cloud
- Enables the acceleration and expanding the growth and adoption of business intelligence and analytics across the organization
- Provides easy lifecycle management for analytics, enabling IT and business users to publish trusted analytics in a collaborative mode
SAP can help. Find out about SAP Analytics Hub:
Follow product road map updates at www.sap.com/roadmaps.